September 04, 2006

Back

Just before I went on vacay I caught myself making a list of all the things I'm weary of. This was not an intentional list - it just emerged during a particularly quiet afternoon at work. The list was long and blunt. There was no prettiness, no tying things up nicely. The equivalent of a mental hairball.

It felt like an artifact from another person's life - a cranky person's life. A person who quite frankly, was probably maladjusted and ready to burn bridges.

So I did what any self-respecting whiner would do and took a road trip. And although on my first few days back I would have thought that it didn't help as much as I'd hoped, I can now say that it did, but it worked on such a level that it took a little longer to show results than I'd expected.

Am I more adjusted now? Well no. Actually, I'm more likely to speak my mind now....

No comments: