January 29, 2007

Writing on the Wall

So I've hit a wall.

I've got plenty going on in my life right now, a lot of it really good, but for some unknown reason I'm having a very difficult time writing about it, here or in my journal. It's a common enough occurance in the life of a writer, but damn is it annoying when it happens.

The last time I went through this was at least 5 years ago, and it was hell. I'd sit down, journal in hand and pen at the ready, and I simply couldn't start. The blank pages taunted me.

This time round I have both a blank page and a blank screen to face, and it's not any better. Perhaps it's because my focus is changing, but my writing habits haven't yet. The moment my pen hovers over the paper a couple decades of habit come into play, and it's a struggle to not fall back into those comfortable ways.

Well, you'll just all get to come along for the ride then, won't you?

No comments: