December 09, 2005

Friday Feasting

Tags: ,

Dena's Friday Feast entry has inspired me! (You can get the meme here: Friday Feast)

Appetizer - Name something you'll miss about 2005.

That stir of excitement & fear I felt every time I pushed myself a little further and took on another creative project. I know it'll happen again in 2006, yet it won't have that same first blush feel to it...

Salad - What is one thought that went through your mind today?

Where did the expression "By George I think he's got it!" come from? Followed by the realization that now I have to find out or it'll gnaw away at the edges of my already busy little brain. Obsess much?

Soup - On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how compassionate would you say you are?

I'd like to put myself in the high 9's, but I know I'm not always a compassionate person. Is it cheating if I say I range from 5 - 9 depending on the day, time and whether or not I've used up my patience quota for that week?

Main Course - If you could invent something, what would it be?

Glasses that allow you to truly see inside the people most often ignored.

I know this requires an explanation, so here goes: lately I've been wrestling with what I, a lone individual, can do to help ease the homeless kid situation here in Vancouver. I think part of the problem is that a lot of people pretend they're invisible. But what if, instead of seeing one's assumptions when looking at these kids, we could instead see their goals and dreams, their histories, their presents, and the myriad of kindnesses that occur without acknowledgement? Would there then be more kind word, helping hands, respect? Lacking that invention, I'm still casting about for an answer...

Dessert - Do you prefer salty snacks or sweet treats?
I like my treats sweet - creme brulee, the perfect piece of fudge, or a sappy love letter.

No comments: