February 03, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Tra La, Tra La

Tags: , .

I feel like I've been away forever..

And really it's not been that long. But since I last posted I've had:
1 corrupted publisher file, which destroyed all the work I'd done.
2 days off work with a nasty cold that sapped all my strength.
3 DVD's from the library that kept me company when I wasn't sleeping off the illness.
6 advil cold & flu a day for those two miserable cough-ridden days.
10 last minute emails from folks, days after the submission deadline.

I've also broken up countless cat fights, worked my way through a box of tissues, and slept many, many hours, but still not enough to feel rested.

Yikes.

I'm very grateful to the DS for taking up the slack for me. Could you imagine what this place would've been like without him?

And here's my entry for this week's
Friday Feast.

Appetizer - On a scale of 1 to 10 (10=highest), how sociable are you?
Lately? Try 3. Usually - I'm a 5 or 6. I like my solitude but also enjoy the company of intelligent companions. And a good bottle of wine.

Soup - Name 3 DVDs you currently own.
1/ Chocolat
2/ Better Than Chocolate
3/ Amelie


Salad - If you were to win a superlative award now (such as most talented, class clown, most likely to succeed), what would it be?
Hmmm..... it's a toss-up between "Class Dormouse", "Wannabe Burlesque Queen", and "That Chick Who Always Wears Black & Really DOES Think Her Guy's a Hottie".

Main Course - What is your favorite radio station?
Tough call! I like CBC Radio 2, and leave it on for the meowfia while we're off slaving at work. They like it better than any of the rock stations - must be the soothing tones of Jurgen's voice. At work I listen to both CBC and Groove Salad cause I do love my ambient chill...

Dessert - Complete this sentence: I believe __________ because __________.


I believe the children are our fu....
Oh kill me now.

Damn you Whitney!

Seriously? I believe we need to nurture ourselves a little more because if we don't take care of ourselves, we have nothing to give to others. I'm talking from experience, unfortunately.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although Michele sent me, I feel like it is serendipitous. I've been on a kick about people being kinder to themselves and even thought we should "court" ourselves!
Glad to have come across your site. Am I supposed to cut and paste the Friday Feast meme or what?

Anonymous said...

Great last line, Cin. So, speaking of that, and since it sounds like you are almost back to health, when are we heading to Delilah's for some yummy martinis?

Funny to see you and your DS at Michele's, when M and I are there right now too. Can you say, LUNCH BREAK?!

Call me!

Karen said...

Gosh, it seems like everybody has been getting a cold lately. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Michele sent me!

Shannon said...

I hope your feeling better soon...

Here from Michele's!

the Intuitive Woman said...

I, too, hope you are feeling better. I'll give your meme a try while I'm here:
Appetizer: Typically, I'm about a 5 on the sociability. I don't go out much, but I very much talking and hanging out w/ my friends.

Soup: Four Brothers, Moulin Rouge, and Momento

Salad: Hmm..that's a tough one, since I never won such an award in HS, I always *hated* those that did, but I digress...
Most likely to always be at least one hairstyle out of date

Main Course: Favorite radio station...well, there's only a couple to choose from around here (not counting online tunage), so I'll just say whatever station is playing something "singable".

Dessert: I believe I suck at memes because this is the first one I've done, and I don't think it's amusing enough.

How'd I do?!

Btw, Michele sent me. Have a great weekend!