March 18, 2006

Where the heck have I been?

Tags: , ,

Not at my computer.
Not blogging.

Instead I spent most of the weekend out and about, and (don't hate me for this Vancouverites) my weekend started Thursday afternoon.

I love taking a day off when everyone else is working. Even if I've got something planned that demands I get up early, it's still more pleasurable than the 5:30 alarm that inflicts so much pain on me the rest of the time.

So yesterday I took the day off and spent the day out at the Abbotsford Tradex with my good friend L. The event? The annual sewing & crafts show. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was something new and there was the promise of yarn vendors, so off I went.

I had a great time - discovered Knitopia, a yarn store based out of White Rock that had the most wonderful Seacell Silks, and was almost overwhelmed by the volume and variety of quilting techniques, fabrics and equipment available. I had no idea there was so much to it, and was quite tempted to try my hand at it, especially when I came across one lady who had japanese silks of every colour and description available.

In the evening I switched gears and went to check out the Red Head Revue at the Lamplighter with a few friends.

Personally, I love a night of burlesque - between the live rockabilly, fabulous costumes, talented dancing girls, and the addition of some fanciful touches (like the french maid who's sole job is to pick up the clothing, props and feathers that get flung around), it's a mega-dose of gleeful naughtiness.

Only thing is, now I have a sudden craving for a purple corset top.

Bad Cin!!

No comments: