1. When I was in junior high, I used to win math contests. By the time I graduated I was convinced of my utter inability to understand mathematics. Oddly, I walked away with an 'A' in Physics and a 'C' in Algebra. Now really, what does that tell you?
2. I can't stand the feel of cardboard drink trays. Seriously. Get that thing away from me!
3. My favourite summer-time treats include a) artichokes freshly cooked and eaten with a dip of olive oil, lemon juice and a touch of salt; b) sun-warmed tomatoes tossed with green beans, boconcini, olive oil, lime and fresh cilantro; c) strawberry margaritas; d) lemon sorbet; e) a lazy afternoon nap.
4. I'm a very tactile person - that's just the way I explore things. Jokes about fondling wood have been made at my expense. While at a woodworker's studio, you naughty thing you!
5. I have a weakness for creme brulee, vanilla-scented potions & candles, freshly-washed skin and so-bad-they're-good movies.
6. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
7. I get really distracted (or is that focused?) and forget to do things like put on makeup and have lunch.
8. Some day I'd like to take a year-long sabbatical and spend time at a silent retreat.
9. I used to play the flute, but stopped practicing at home when Her Highness moved in - she hates it so much she throws herself at the instrument and tries to tug it out of my hands. If I try to do it behind a closed door, she just howls. Some cats have no taste...
10. I am easily amused, and just as easily annoyed. Luckily, the amusement lingers while the annoyance fades away.
11. My mother tongue is Spanish, and I think it is much more lyrical and poetic than English. In many cases, it's also bawdier, which suits me fine.
12. I've often wished I owned a decent dictionary. Not a paperback - I want a doorstop, a tome, something with thin onionskin paper and well thumbed edges.
13. I spend too much time dreaming.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants