November 14, 2006

Past Tense

Ever have one of those days when you know you oughta write something because things are happening, but you just can't bring yourself to do it?

That's the kind of day I had yesterday. It started way too early. The challenge of dragging myself away from the warmth and snuggliness of the bed and it's human/feline denizens was heart breaking, and took so much effort I had just enough energy to feed kitties and attempt to make myself presentable. It didn't extend to making lunch, or a much-needed mug of coffee.

The day crept by.

Midafternoon I packed it in (it was a stat holiday after all) and headed off to run errands before meeting Lunchtruck for our date. Our let's-celebrate-eight-years-of-marriage date.

As always, I grumbled about the lack of credit for the 10 years we spent together BEFORE we got all legal. He laughed at me, but in a good way.

We went to a movie (Stranger Than Fiction) and enjoyed it immensely. Afterwards, we stopped in at Rangoli for takeaway, but not before I stood in the middle of the room and breathed in the fragrance from all those lovely, lovely spices.

It was one of those nice, comfortable afternoons that trail off into a nice comfortable evening and a sense that things will, after all, be alright.

Happy anniversary Lunchtruck. You mean the world to me.

No comments: